Day 16 & Similar to a Bicycle





So I enjoyed my outfit today... Can you tell I'm not wearing an undershirt? Scandalous! And I really need to iron my clothes, but many times I'm sitting most of the day... Erg. Well this skirt was reating me a bit better, but it still fits weird, I wish there was an un-shrink button! Anyway as you can tell from these pictures I'm much like a bicycle... too tired. Hahaha. After Kevin and I walked around town, dropped mail off at the post and bought some fabric and zippers for a sewing project of mine. Let me tell you I hate zippers!!! They are the bane of me sewing.





But I did finish the skirt I mentioned at the 30x30 first post, but I made the waist 2 inches too big. So I will have to fix that tonight. And let me tell you I hate my cheapo sewing machine I bought a garage sale. I need to start scouring craigslist again, it stinks growing up with amazing sewing machines... nothing can compare and I couldn't even afford to have my mom's older Viking fixed... doubt I can afford a good used one. So here are some process shots of the skirt.




So yeah. I like to sew, and I love box pleats! Yay! And my dog is cute.

{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Sheer Button Down } UO, on sale (worn day 6)
Navy Pencil Skirt } BCBG (worn day 8)
Gray Booties } UO, on sale (worn day 1, 7, & 14)
--added--
Tights } Target

Huggles,
Lauren

12 comments:

monster cakes | February 24, 2011 at 9:46 AM

So your adorbs, and I'm loving your tights. Polka dots make me melt! Thanks for your sweet comment! I see you have a sweet pup too! xo

Courtney B | February 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Love your outfit, you look amazing :)
And I'm glad you love to sew because I hate it!! I am horrible at it and just don't have the patience to practice and get better :)

Ana | February 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Cute! Love the blouse, the tights and those amazing shoes!

Amber | February 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM

no undershirt?!?...whoa. :)

thomessa | February 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM

You look so lovely, and your outfit is very sweet!! I love the photo of your dog laid out on the ground, so cute.

Annebeth | February 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I LOVE this!!! it's like a cuter, more modern version of Chloe Sevigny as a sister wive on Big Love!

jessie | February 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM

i love this whole outfit! ah and your dog sneaking up in your pictures is adorable.

Anonymous | February 24, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I like the looks of the new skirt on the ironing board.

. | February 24, 2011 at 6:51 PM

SCANDALOUS! This outfit is really precious actually, I love how it feels both romantic and edgy!

Meg! | February 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I love this look, it's like artsy sexy librarian secretary. You have such a great, eclectic style that suits you so perfectly. I just love you and your blog. Just so you know.

LyddieGal | February 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I think the sheer blouse is gorgeous!
I love it and you totally pull it off without the undershirt.

Chic on the Cheap

Miriam | February 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I still love the skirt, it looks great on you! And the daring sheer blouse, sooo chic ;)
The skirt you're making looks gorgeous! I love sewing, I just got a pattern int he mail for a 60s dress with a mandarin collar, now I'm on the lookout for fabric!
M xo