Events of the Weekend & Happy Vday

Well of course it was a busy weekend as always. Friday was a crazy busy day at work so the night was mild with me doing some personal work and cleaning a bit while Kevin was out with his buddies.

Saturday I went to a bridal expo with Jenny, Kevin's cousin's new fiance, and we went looking for ideas for her wedding in 2012. It was good for me to get some table ideas and such but most of the stuff that was shown there I already have.

And this is what I wore... Nothing crazy just something for walking around the expo center, that evening I switched the shoes out for my grey heeled booties.




{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Cardigan } UO, on sale
Blouse } Vintage
Jeans } UO, on sale
Shoes } UO, on sale
--added--
Hat } Vintage
Scarf } Found

Later Kevin and I drove to Ann Arbor for his brother's birthday dinner. We ate at Cafe Zola which was phenomenal. Ended the night with some coffee. We were supposed to drive to the east side after to go see a friends band but by the time we got back from Ann Arbor it was after 11 and we didn't want to drive another half an hour to east detroit. Oh wells.

Sunday consisted of Cat coming over super early and us taking some clothes pics for the shop. After she left for work Kevin and I got to cleaning. During the day I made green mint cupcakes and Kevin made a dinosaur skeleton (a present I got him over a year ago!). Of course we had to take pictures with Tripp cause it looks like him! Needing to get outside in the warm weather (it was 40 degrees!!!) Jen and I walked around Royal Oak and tried on some clothes. I got a pink scarf perfect for the season. Later we met up with Kevin for dollar burger night at Ye Ole Saloon a block from our house. (Oh and no outfit shot, I literally was in sweats all day until I was forced to put jeans on when Jen and I went out.)





And now HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!




This morning I started my valentines day with a teeth cleaning, and being told I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Which is not a surprise to me since they are all the way in... I've put it off cause they've grown in correctly and they aren't hurting me. Oh well I need to do that during this open window that I DO have health insurance, thanks health care plan!! Now I'm just getting caught up on emails at work. Wore a little bit of red and pink for the holiday... But tonight Kevin is taking me out for a fancy dinner and I will tell you now that I will cheat the 30x30 because I'm wearing a dress that isn't in the mix, it was too dressy to put in the mix, sorry! But look my work outfit is 30x30!




Also thanks goodness, that BHLDN doesn't have anything I absolutely need. I was afraid once they released the line I'd want to redo everything I had planned... But nope! I love wedding dresses they have and the cover ups, but the occasion dresses left me saying eh... Oh well. Oh I do have a J Crew Bridesmaid dress in chiffon if anyone is interested, it's a size 6. I'll take pictures of it later! It's really nice just the wrong color for my bridesmaids.





{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Blazer } Vintage
Blouse } Vintage, g-ma's
Skirt } Zara (I wrote it was from H&M before, my bad)
Shoes } UO, on sale
--added--
Scarf } Pitaya
Belt } Target
Tights } Anthropologie, gift

Huggles,
Lauren

7 comments:

Amber | February 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM

your valentines look is very cute, love your tights and the headband. Oh and your pooch is too cute having a staring contest with that dino

Sea Bird | February 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Love the shirt and all of the colors in your outfit! I hope you and Kevin have a great Valentine's date!

Miriam | February 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Happy Valentine's Day!! Love the blouse in the first look and the tights and shorts in the second, and those shoes are amazing!
I hope you have a lovely dinner :)
M xo

Anonymous | February 14, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Cute outfits!

Fashion's Maven

Nnenna | February 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I am so curious about those green mint cupcakes- it sounds like a delicious idea! :)

star-crossed smile

Erin Girard | February 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I love a girl that's not afraid of pattern mixing!!

tess | February 15, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Aw Tripp and the dino skeleton is adorable

I have the slowest teeth ever so my wisdom teeth are still coming in. The teething aspect of it is mildly annoying, but I'm in no rush to yank em out. My mom is getting stupidly paranoid about it all though and wants me to have them out this summer, can't wait lol