What Storm?

So we only were hit with a few inches of snow. I don't know how everyone else is but the "Storm of the Century" was pitiful. We've had more snow this century already... Well the good news was that Kevin and I both had the day off which consisted of eggs, art, snuggles, and stew. I finished our save the dates and now we are waiting for them. No great outfit because really it was a snow day... who dresses up? haha

For those of you who don't know, I majored in Illustration at school, and I currently am a freelance illustrator/web designer and gallery director, my fiance, Kevin, is a product designer... so we are doing a lot of custom art stuff for our wedding. And it really helps to have all of your friends from art school around :D

I really want to include you guys in our planning, if you don't mind. So here are a sneak peek (digital mockup) of our save the dates, and a cutesy little watercolor I did. When I get the invitations done I'll show you. We are doing a limited edition screen printed poster and a digital print version as well. I'm also working on our website now... Yay! Oh and just so you know I also signed up for some new art shows and may do an artist residency in France this summer. :D




I really love doing illustrated invitations and such, so I started making some cards for a stationary portfolio. I'll show you when I'm done. So if any of you know someone getting married and they want custom invitations email me!! sparrowandurchin {at} gmail.com And to check out more of my paintings (not very stationary like) check out my portfolio, www.laurenmoyer.com.

Huggles,
Lauren

6 comments:

tess | February 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM

wow that's a lot of effort to do custom invites, but they look great1

Anonymous | February 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM

A residency in France! How cool would that be? Is this before or after the wedding?

Becky | February 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

The bottom save the date reminds me of the Back to the Future clock tower :D It looks like you had a lot of fun designing these.

TrophyBoutique | February 3, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Gorgeous! Might need your help for a new header someday....xoLaurel

Sea Bird | February 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM

The save the dates look great! You guys did an awesome job on them!

Ebony Arwen | February 4, 2011 at 8:34 AM

These are amazing Lauren! I can't wait to see them all printed and pretty :) I am definitely coming to you when my date comes, I have a few things in mind but don't have an illustration bone in my body. I love the fox - what's it symbolise? Am I missing something?

Oh and your wedding is the day before my 20th birthday!