The Hunt for Minty Fresh




So this outfit is kinda inspired by this sneak peek. Minty greens, grass greens, and sea greens are going to be very prevalent in my wardrobe soon... well maybe not my wardrobe but some of my friends. That's right those are the colors I'm going for for the wedding. So I have to ask you guys, know of any green chiffon/organza dresses lying about? Please please show me!!! :D Here's the sneak peek.



Ohs and ahs!

So back to what I'm wearing. The day dress I have on may be a little too blue-green mint, but as you will soon see I'm becoming completely obsessed with the colors. I even looked on modcloth, and they had some nice dresses with beautiful colors, but WAY too short for bridesmaids, I think their knees will all be covered :). Do you look at a lot of the lengths? Most of those dresses are minis, but I'm really happy they list the length, a lot of places don't...




Anyway of course when you are planning a wedding there are so many ways you can do things, so many color combinations, so many wedding dresses. I've discovered my first pains of this after allowing myself to look at the Vera Wang collection just released by David's Bridal, and I know I'll feel the pain again when Anthropologie's new company BHLDN is released on the 14th(it's all bridal). But I have to remember that the dresses I've gotten for my girls and my wedding dress are off beat. Not saying that David's is bad, but mass production is just not my thing. The new vera wang line is nice, but I have a feeling that the next season of weddings are all going to be those dresses. Nothing is wrong with that, I mean Vera Wang is the most well known bridal designer, and the dresses at David's are "affordable" (not really for me, but a $1200 dress is way more affordable then her regular $5K and up prices). So I just have to keep telling myself that I chose to go off the path, and I'm sure I'll find something with the new BHLDN company, but I need to remember that I'm sure the prices will be quite steep and I couldn't ever allow myself to have my girls buy $200+ dresses. That's what I'm telling myself!



So my outfit, nothing special! Just back to the grind of work. I'm happy that I was able to get to the gym this morning, and soon I'm working on a feature that is the brain child of Nicole, from Employed Panache. I'm really excited about it. And I have two Art to Outfits coming soon! I know I know I've been very lazy with that feature.

{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Plum Sweater } Gap Outlet
Mint Dress } Vintage, via Lost & Found
Black Boots } Enzo, were my mom's
--added--
Neckace } F21
Tights } HUE, via Kohls
Socks } Target

Huggles,
Lauren

PS: Goodbye glasses, I just ordered new contacts!

6 comments:

HollyDolly | February 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM

o wow, I seriously LOVE the mint and plum together. That is a great combo. I'm taking note!

Holly
http://hollykeenan.tumblr.com

Annebeth | February 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I'm way more into longer hemlines, and the sneak peek makes me verrrrry curious! and I love your minty green long dress, the colors you mention totally work, especially on blondes :) very sixties!

caitlin | February 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM

i adore the mint, and longer bridesmaid dresses are going to be so classy (if the sneak peek is any indication)! i have to admit that i was pretty excited about the vera wang for david's bridal collection (and i'm not even a bride!), but you're totally right that everyone will be wearing those dresses this season. what a snore. i can't wait to see your dress--i'm sure it will be so much more amazing and unique :)

Anonymous | February 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Lauren--I love today's look and how you have bowed it in the back. I too looked at the Vera Wang bridal line yesterday and while there were some beautiful dresses, my daughter has found something funky on Etsy...and the minute I saw it, I knew it was HER dress. the price was far more reasonable too.

Nicole Martin | February 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Woot woot! Can't wait to get that e-mail ;)

~Nicole

Victoria / Justice Pirate | February 10, 2011 at 10:25 AM

sneak peek = big tease. They look gorgeous. I like the combination.