Eh Outfit, Eh Day





So today Im trying to document my day at work... hopefully the flashing battery light won't mean I run out of juice... If so I'll just have to come back to it... Oh well. Anyway, nothing special about this outfit. I really loved this skirt but it accidentally got thrown in the wash so now it fit kind weird and shrunk a bit. *sadface* This is what it looked like before. It fit me so perfect! Now it's weirdly short... Wah wah!




Yep look at that butt, it's such a bubble, and you can see the edge of my blouse... I swear those aren't undie lines!



So yeah maybe I need to iron out the skirt and see if it starts getting better... Arg. I added it to the 30x30 remix because since it shrunk I hardly wear it, but it was kinda an expensive skirt so I really should try and figure out how to fix it... Oh well.

Also I wanted to show you a YEAR AGO ON THE BLOG.



Even though this was back posted (I added a few outfit back logs when I really started this in March), this was an outfit I posted on Weardrobe. It's fun to see where my clothes were at a year ago, and what's funny is this is still one of my favorite outfits, and a favorite photo. And this was the day after I got my Frye boots, as you can see I love them and they have been featured on this blog more than 25 times...

{ 30x30 Materials Used }

Sweater Vest } Eddie Bauer
Button Up } UO, on sale
Pencil Skirt } BCBG MaxAzria
Boots } Frye
--added--
Tights } HUE, via Kohls
Socks } UO, on sale

----------------
And now for FBFF Questions!!!

1. What color dominates your closet? 

The dominant color is blue... I buy sooo much blue. But hey blue looks great on blonds! The second colors would be cream and pink. A couple years ago I went on a pink binge and I just finished my beige/cream binge. Next is green, especially mint green. Been buying everything in that color, mainly because it's our wedding colors :D I also have a lot of patterns, mainly in blues.

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis
in your closet? 

I would try and make sure I have ROYGBIV in my closet. The rainbow! Also focus on mixing neutrals, it's a very hard thing to do for me because I'm pasty and my hair is blond, I'm already a walking neutral.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? 

I don't really have one I just throw things together. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Like I think yesterdays outfit works much better than todays.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? 

I really don't try. I kinda have to because I don't have much of a single color... other than blue.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color
into their wardrobe? 

I love the neutrals that This Time is Grey has, which I know isn't color, but it's hard to make neutrals look good. Also like in This Time Tomorrow, Krystal has a knack on mixing neutrals wonderfully with a pop of color. I love Erin from CaliVintage's color combinations, I wish I had her closet! Also for color I love YeYe! Style Blog, Izzy has great bright, happy outfits!

And that's all folks.

Huggles,
Lauren

6 comments:

two birds | February 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM

i love those socks and your boots! i don't think that outfit is eh at all...i love it!

caitlin | February 11, 2011 at 9:47 AM

i actually really like this outfit! it's not even close to eh :) also, the backdrop with the frames is fan-freaking-tastic. so amazing.

Sara | February 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Sorry the camera died! Sometimes I suck at life. I will make sure that it is charged up for the next time that you borrow it.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | February 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I agree on YeYe's colors on her outfits!!! She's so vibrant! I am not too vibrant. I wear colors but I'm a bit simplistic.

Very lovely entry. hope all goes well with the camera issues.

Miriam | February 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I love your skirt! It's too bad that it shrunk, but it still looks great on you :) The frames make a really neat photo backdrop!
M xo

Raquel | February 12, 2011 at 3:34 PM

nice looks and nice answers. I think also that Izzy is the best blog for colour mixing inspiration, she makes all colours look great together!