Oh Fancy




Yesterday after work I drove to almost Romeo (far from me) to claim my prize. I won a free microdermabrasion for trying on dresses on at David's Bridal. It made me feel fancy. It was cool and didn't hurt. Afterwards Kevin said my skin was smooth enough you could see the core shadows... only a product designer would say something like that, haha. Anyway, the night then was spent with turkey burgers and eggs and later eating the rest of the angel food cake and blueberries. I already miss the angel food cake... mmmmm.

I was supposed to get up this morning and go work out, but the bed kept me trapped in it's multitudes of warm blankets... maybe after work I'll stop by the gym... maybe.



Me awkwardly showing the pockets in the navy pants... hahaha

So yes look there, I've already repeated an item of clothing. I'm sorry, it's sooo cold here! Wool pants are my savior! Anyway this outfit was inspired by this outfit worn by Diane Kruger, a modern icon of mine. I think if it wasn't cold out and I wore this top as sleeveless then it wouldn't be so bad...

I know that hers is all summery, but I can't wear my wool pants then, so I'll use this look in the winter :) Oh and I did have a fedora on just didn't photograph it :( Oh and since I wore the top part of this dress as a separate piece should I count it as that? If you guys think so then I think I will have to delete something I haven't worn from the 30x30...



In other questions, after looking at Diane Kruger's look it brings me to something I was thinking about. I love girls with really strong eyebrows, I think it frames the eyes well and is a great look. I don't have strong brows, the only thing strong on my face is my nose. So I was thinking next time I was at the salon maybe having my eye brows tinted a shade darker. I don't pluck my brows so there isn't any chance of growing them out (is that the term), and I do like the look of darker brows with lighter hair, which is kinda how it is naturally on me, but this would just be amping it up. So have any of you gotten your brows tinted? Oh and yes I know my hair is a mess.



{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Vest } Part of a Vintage Dress
Blouse } UO, on sale
Pants } Vintage WWII US Navy pants, my g-pa's
Shoes } UO, on sale

Huggles,
Lauren

7 comments:

Sarah | February 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM

I love this outfit so much. I really do. All of the pieces are so unique.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | February 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Definitely diane kruger outfit!!! I love the buttons on the top!!

Anonymous | February 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hi Lauren,

I've just discovered your blog and really glad I did because it's great! I'm really admiring your outfits and your style of writing. Just started following you on bloglovin' so looking forward to your future posts!

Alexandra Thérèse xx

www.alexandratherese.com

Tanvi | February 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Those pants look fab on you!!! Love the vest too :)

Amber | February 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

really digging your outfit especially your shoes. I have never tinted my brows (they are pretty much black) but I do like the look of strong brows. If you didnt like the look could you just dye them back the original shade?

Miriam | February 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Love your trousers and vest!! The button details are awesome :D I think you can get away with wearing the vest separately from the dress, they can each be considered 0.5 of the 30 ;)
M xo

Sea Bird | February 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I am in love with your pants! Every time you style them they look great! I'm also a lover of thick, sculpted brows. My eyebrows are also very light, even when I dye them. Lately (when I'm not being lazy) I've been using a tinted brow wax to darken them. I think it works pretty well.