Made up Made down




Well as you can see my normal photo space has been taken over by paintings!! But I'm not going to complain, cause this stack is SOLD!




These past couple weeks have been great in sales. Finally people are willing to buy again. I sold a piece on Wednesday, another piece is being shipping to Germany, all these are going into the doctor's massive house, plus a few more are sold. It's a great feeling.




Anyway as you can see I tried a new hairstyle. My hair is finally getting to a length that I love and feel like I can style it more ways. And with this hair style I thought it would be good to actually put on makeup. Meg asked on twitter if people had make up advice. Makeup for me is sometimes the only way for me to look awake. I have light eyebrows and blond eyelashes... So I have to try to wear mascara everyday but lately I haven't, as you can probably tell from last post... Now makeup makes Lauren a tired girl. Anyway, I'm pretty plain with my make up. My daily routine usually is just mascara and a bit of powder highlight on my cheek bones (might as well play them up). Then somewhat daily I wear a bit of highlighter under my brows and the inside of my eyes with either regular eyeliner or liquid liner. I never use eyeliner on my full eye, just more towards the outside since I my eyes are kinda closer together. I don't wear foundation because it usually bothers my skin, and I had bad acne as a teen and feel like it never hid it, it just made me breakout more. I am only now beginning to wear lipstick... So yeah I'm pretty plain with makeup, I hardly wear eye shadow. I think I would be good at putting makeup on other people with my knowledge in painting but I'm just not the best at doing it myself. The first time I really had makeup on was for a fashion show when I lived in Brasil. My boyfriend at the time said he didn't even look at my clothes cause he was so surprised how I looked with makeup... haha. It's usually a surprise to people when a wear it.

What is your daily routine?



Also I really need to change my layout. Other then the MI Blogger meet up Friday night (so excited!), Saturday and Sunday are devoted to art. I have this layout to figure out, another website, some promotional pieces for a jewelry company, other illustrations for a classmate who is a big comedian now, two painting for a show and a sculpture, and of course starting the process to screen print our invitations. I really should start showing you guys my art more. But many times I can't show it until it's published and whatnot, and by that time I forget. Oh well.

{ 30x30 Materials Used }


Plum Sweater } Gap, years old (worn day 4, 13)
Peter Pan Collar Blouse } Original Penguin (worn day 3, 12)
WWII Navy Wool Pants } Vintage, my Grandpa's (worn day 2, 6,)
Brown Boots } Vintage, found (worn day 2, 3)
--added--
Bow Tie } Ribbon
Irish Pin } Kevin's
Feather Ring } F21

Huggles,
Lauren

13 comments:

Unknown | February 25, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Wow this hairstyle is beautiful on you, love the pants!!!
Have a great weekend
Freesia

Franca | February 25, 2011 at 6:33 AM

I LOVE your hairt! I wish i had thick hair and could do exciting things with it!

Franca | February 25, 2011 at 6:33 AM

*hair

Veronika Novotny | February 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Lovely as always Lauren! I am especially loving this new hairstyle on you, great job! Adore the sweater and blouse mix, and those gorgeous paintings behind you. Happy Friday. xx veronika

Wangari | February 25, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Sucha great look, and the hair and make-up are just gorgeous. I'm not a make-up person either but I always think less is more ;) Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xo

Victoria / Justice Pirate | February 25, 2011 at 9:40 AM

me and make up are not friends at all. haha. I love what you did with the hair because it pulls together this whole look into a whole new glamorous state!! I don't think it would otherwise. awesome.

Amber | February 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM

your hairdo is awesome, i wish i could do that with mine but I suck when it comes to styling my hair. I am better with makeup. I dont do much during the week, but on the weekends I like to play around with eye shadows and liners, etc.

Meg! | February 25, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Your hair looks amazing, seriously. You're so pretty, rargh! And yay, thank you for the makeup tips! I only ever do eyeliner, cover-up for red spots, mascara, and chapstick. So boring but I want to branch out! I feel like I look too young a lot of the time. Who knows though.

thomessa | February 25, 2011 at 8:29 PM

This hairstyle looks so good on you!!! & congrats on the sales!!!

Anonymous | February 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM

the hairstyle alone totally changes your look. I was stunned by how flattering it is to you. Need a tutorial although my hair is nowhere near long enough to try it.

Anonymous | February 26, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Lauren
I work on Mack, which is obviously really close to your inlaws on Harper. Coffee sometime sounds fab.
<3 erica

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys | February 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Another great hairstyle! And I also really like the trousers... sometimes pared down style is the best.

Miriam | February 27, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I love the colour of your sweater! And your hair looks totally gorgeous, I never know what to do with mine so I don't do anything ;)

For makeup, I don't bother with face stuff because I can't figure that out either! I just focus on eyes and lips. When I wear lipstick, I line my lips completely and colour them in with the lipliner. Then I put on the lipstick, blot it, then put another layer, then blot it! It makes it last longer that way.
I always do my eyes too. First I put on eyeliner inside the bottom lash line. Then I put on eye shadow (usually four colours, sometimes three), and the mascara just on the top lashes, to make my eyes look bigger!
Sometimes I do my eyebrows too, brushing them up with a spoolie and filling them in with an eyebrow pencil!

Hooray for selling paintings! Winter is so awful for selling anything, the shop I work at is finally starting to get more business now too :)

M xo