About Sparrow & Urchin

yosemite10

Hey there, I'm Lauren Moyer the Destroyer.

I started this blog, awhile ago, but really never used it. The name Sparrow and Urchin came from a story from the New York Times in I think 1902, where some street urchin kids were throwing things at sparrows in the park and soon the sparrows retaliated sending the urchins on their way bleeding. I used this story in a series of illustrations and product toy ideas. I decided at the end of 2009 to revamp this blog as a more personal life and style blog keeping my art blog for just art (I've had that for let's say 4 years?).

In 2012 I made this blog more just about my life, traveling, and just what I'm up to now on the left coast. I'm currently living in San Francisco working as the Art Director for Weather Underground, I'm far away from my family but at least they can see what I'm up to!! Of course I'll still feature clothes of mine, but now so much more!

I have traveled a lot too around the country having seen 47 of our 50 states! I have yet to go to Hawaii, Louisiana, and Rhode Island. I love road trips, and I love to share all my adventures! I've driven across the country more than once and have driven almost every road across, so if you guys have any questions I'd love to help you out!

In addition to traveling the US, I've also traveled to Japan, Turks & Caicos, Uruguay and lived in Brazil. I haven't traveled outside the US in awhile, been exploring the west coast lately, but I'm hoping that'll change in the near future.

Last but not least, I have the cutest dog, Tripp, he's a Corgi/Terrier mix and only 16lbs! So small yet has a big personality, and can be very rambunctious sometimes. He was given to me in November 2009 when he was around 1, and have trained him out of the bad habits that kept him in the pound. He has also traveled to the Atlantic and Pacific with me along with camping all out west and flying on planes, quite a traveler!!

3 comments:

Teresa | May 13, 2010 at 1:04 PM

You guys look so cute together! Love the photos! :)

mariel | August 27, 2010 at 10:03 PM

awww you guys are really cute. :)

Jill | February 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Wow! 45 States! I plan to see all 50 but I think I have at least 40 to go!