On the 4th Day of Christmas...

My True Love Gave to Me...



Four Calling Birds!

Ok so yeah that's right you guys get one picture and a detail shot. My camera battery died right after and the charger was at work and then I was really sick. I think I have the flu or something so I ended up spending most of the day in my pjs sleeping. So yeah I wore this for a few hours before going to bed.



The dress as you can see has birds all over it. And I thought the sundress over it would be a great touch, like a birdies belly.

After I slept most all the day I pulled myself together to go to an appointment at Macy's Bridal Boutique... They were having a Lazaro trunk show... and man! Those dresses were gorgeous and it as the first time I ever tried on a wedding dress. Sadly they didn't let Jen and I take pictures and even sadder is the fact that there is noooo way I could ever afford them. But it was fun to play dress up!

Here's what I tried on.

Lazaro 3062. I love the sheer corset top and the low back but the skirt was a little too overwhelming.



Lazaro 3962... I liked this the best on me.

Purdy.

That's all time for sicky girls bedtime.


12 Days of Christmas
December 26th, a Partridge in a Pear Tree
December 27th, Two Turtle Doves
December 28th, Three French Hens
December 29th, Four Calling Birds
December 30th, Five Gold Rings
December 31st, Six geese a laying
January 1s, Seven swans a swimming
January 2nd, Eight maids a milking
January 3rd, Nine ladies dancing
January 4th, Ten lords a leaping
January 5th, Eleven pipers piping
January 6th, Twelve drummers drumming

} Materials Used
Dress } H&M
Over Dress } Target
Tights } Target
Books } Kohls
Hat } Target

Cat's 4 Calling Birds! Here's one but she has three other looks on her blog!

Cat Bird } Midwest Mayhem


Huggles,
Lauren

7 comments:

Anonymous | December 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Lauren--hope you're feeling better tomorrow. I love the bird print on your dress of the day.

Went with my youngest daughter to try on wedding dresses yesterday. She likes the mermaid cut and I think she has already made her pick, but I couldn't afford to place the order for her for another month.

Unknown | December 30, 2010 at 3:42 AM

Cute little birdy dress!
Hope you'll feel better soon, so you can enter 2011 completely healthy =)

Victoria / Justice Pirate | December 30, 2010 at 8:17 AM

again, so unique. These are some of the coolest entries anyone has ever made in a December!! wonderful. I laughed about the phone photo at the bottom. hehe.

Sara | December 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I am so bummed they didn't let you take pictures! What the crap!

Meg! | December 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Ooh that last gown looks like a winter fairy's raiment. Lovely.

I'm sorry you got sick! But you looked adorable before you did. ;) And hey, hat twins!

Sea Bird | December 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM

The bird print is so pretty! It's too bad you were sick for trying on your first wedding dress! I hope you feel better soon. The top wedding dress photo is so dreamy and romantic!

Matilda | December 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Hi!
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
I wish you a happy new year!
And by the way I love the bird print dress!