On the 3rd Day of Christmas...

My True Love Gave to Me...






Three French Hens!



I really don't know what French Hens are nor did I know how to dress like them, haha! So I came up with this. I think it would be something a French college girl or young lady would wear in the 50's. The dress is homemade vintage and I love the pattern on the fabric. Isn't it like a French country side?


And look I have French Braids and am wearing a beret!

Ok, ok. Cheese. Too much.

12 Days of Christmas
December 26th, a Partridge in a Pear Tree
December 27th, Two Turtle Doves
December 28th, Three French Hens
December 29th, Four Calling Birds
December 30th, Five Gold Rings
December 31st, Six geese a laying
January 1s, Seven swans a swimming
January 2nd, Eight maids a milking
January 3rd, Nine ladies dancing
January 4th, Ten lords a leaping
January 5th, Eleven pipers piping
January 6th, Twelve drummers drumming


} Materials Used
Dress } Vintage from Kevin
Sweater } Incognito
Tights } Target
Oxfords } UO

Other French Hens!

Cat Bird } Midwest Mayhem (more french hens on her blog!)


Huggles,
Lauren

9 comments:

Sara | December 29, 2010 at 5:39 AM

awww! You guys are so cute all Frenchy!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate | December 29, 2010 at 8:14 AM

awww so fun. This is my favourite so far! I love this outfit.

caitlin | December 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM

i think this is a very good interpretation! after all, girls are "hens" in britspeak :) tres adorable, esp that cardigan!

ps i totally love your 12 days of christmas concept and i'm 100% on board for next year!

Amber | December 29, 2010 at 10:44 AM

yeah i have no idea what a french hen is either, you look cute though

Sea Bird | December 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I love your outfit in front of the blue painting. The cardigan and beret are perfect!

tess | December 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM

love those saddleshoes

Meg! | December 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I... love... this. It's so colorful and modern, but it has a total WWII vibe. It reminds me of that movie Never Let Me Go; they wear a lot of stuff like that. I think. I seem to remember. Anyway, this is one of my faves on you! That hat! <3

acrylicana | December 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM

LOVE the detail in that skirt!

Anonymous | December 29, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I like the embroidered sweater with the beret!