Dressember! & How to Change Art


So I hopped on a band wagon!! Wowzers!

Blythe from the blog Blythe Hill is doing a second annual Dressember where you wear 31 dresses... Well I have never restricted what I wore but I thought it would be a good challenge since I have a ton of dresses. I know already I may stretch the rules like wearing a skirt and a dress, a dress as a skirt, etc. But I think it'll be fun to reinvent how you wear dresses and keep it fresh, I'm sure I will pull inspiration from the Uniform Project. And I think I am going to go for the gold of a different dress a day... I just counted 25, I probably have 5 more stashed somewhere :)




Here's my first day, December 1st. And who knows I might have already broken the rules... shhh! The skirt I have over the dress I was afraid may be too short and the colors in it went so well with this dress. I think they look amazing together! I'm so happy with this outfit! And the skirt is Ebony's from Ebony and Ivory via our Here to There exchange!!



The earrings were my birthday present from my amazing friend Marlee! I love them!! She sometimes lurks around on the blog leaving comments, hehe. She's in SF so I hardly see her, but we've been friends since 7th grade, even though we met at a band concert in 6th grade, we played flute!







Also as you can see I'm showing you what I do... I change art. Look at that! It's really hard. And now look at me dance!



} Outfit Details
  Dress } Urban Outfitters
  Skirt } Ebony's via Here to There
  Blouse } UO sale
  Tights } Kohls
  Shoes } Target, very old

Huggles,
Lauren

10 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate | December 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM

You always have so much fun in your photos. That's awesome. I love the art you always have in all your shots too!! wow.
very nice! :: dances too ::

Shybiker | December 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I love the idea. Sadly, I don't have "tons of dresses" like you. Maybe if I moved to the Mitten you'd share some... :)

acrylicana | December 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Such fun!:D Screw the rules -- layering makes it that much more interesting. They go together so well I thought it was one dress at first glance.

Anonymous | December 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM

cute! I love the loop hole of Dressember ^.~

Sara | December 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM

lol wow good luck with Dressember! I might be able to help you out with two more...I still have 2 of ebs dresses! :P

*Do a little dance!*

Amber | December 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM

you always look like you are having a good time in your photos, cant wait to see more of this challenge

blythe | December 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM

cute mix! love those tights!

the skirt over dress is kosher, so rock it! ;)

Meg! | December 2, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Ah these pictures are so pretty, Lauren! I totally thought the skirt was part of the dress... it totally works if it were, haha. I dunno, I'm tempted to take part in Dressember, but I just got 2 new skirts and I would be so sad to leave them for a month... oh man. Life choices.

Anonymous | December 2, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Lauren--I love the photo of you on the ladder! And I like seeing you in action.

Katie, thisloveblog.com | December 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Dressember! Yay! So glad you're doing it too, Lauren! Everyone thinks I'm so crazy doing it in Michigan!