What I Wore: Ready Here I Come





Sometimes I feel silly having this blog, but when I think about it I'm proud to have it. I've had this particular blog since January of last year, and before that I kept up on my art blog regularly (when I had my finger on the pulse), or kept up with facebook photo albums or flickr. Going waaay back when I lived in Brazil I had a livejournal.

So one can say that I like to blog, to journal. And although this blog did not start as chronicling my outfits after a month or so it became that. Now I don't know much about fashion, but I know a great deal about sewing, history of costuming, and am a very visual person. Being wrapped up in the art world and illustration fashion and how you present yourself go hand in hand. And since I am not able to paint and draw as much as I used to, thinking of outfit combos and taking pictures of them (even if just by my mirror) gives me a glimpse of visual art during my day.




It has also been so therapeutic. Many days I don't even want to get out of bed, but getting up, fixing my hair, and putting a cute or ridiculous outfit on makes me feel better... more unique... more me. I may not have the best body or the best body image, but it doesn't stop me from wearing what I want. Because we're young, we should live fearlessly. Having an outfit get complimented that you thrifted or got off sales racks is a sense of accomplishment. Which I have currently felt lacking. There are other benefits to this world. I have never felt so supported as I do here. I can vent, I can share my struggles, and even when I loose followers and friends in real life, I gain so much more here in friendships and camaraderie, and am not judged.

So yeah sometimes I'm shy about this here blog, but not as much anymore. Because it may seem silly to some, but it offers a visual to my daily activities, so that I can dive back into that memory and feel it again. Just like how my grandma always remembered the dress she was wearing during important times of her life, I am putting a visual of myself into the history of Lauren Moyer... the Destroyer.




What does this rant have to do with what I wore? Nothing. I'm proud of my thrifted outfit (though I look very young and school girlish), these pictures, my blog, the fact I just did an hour of yoga (i'm all sweaty but it felt good), that I hung these three pieces in platform heels the other day, and that I got through one more day, no matter how crappy that day was.

Artwork by local artist Mary Rousseaux entitled "Summertime" epoxy and resin on board.

{ Materials Used }

Blouse } Thrifted
Skirt } Handmade, thrifted
Shoes } Thrifted
Necklace } F21
Purse } Kohls

Huggles,
Lauren




Oh and I hope someone got the pun in the post title... Ready... I'm wearing Red? Eh? EH? Laugh, Im effing hilarious.

12 comments:

Melissa | June 23, 2011 at 6:24 AM

Love the skirt!! It's really perfect! And nice job with the fishtail braid... mine always fall out!!

Don't be shy about the blog! I was shy as well at first, but everyone I know has actually been really supportive about it and it's been a totally liberating experience :)

xxMelissa

Anonymous | June 23, 2011 at 8:40 AM

What a great outfit! Love the shirt tucked into a voluminous skirt (one of my favorite looks!). Oh and I love the fishtail braid too...so cute!

Great post too btw, I'm still very shy about my blog but I'm still really proud of it!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Unknown | June 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM

what a great post. i feel the same way a lot and you have the right attitude about it.

great outfit. love the fishtail braid.

Amber | June 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM

loving this look especially your cute blouse. Oh and your braid is awesome. I cant seem to get the hang of a fish tail braid. PS your package went out in yesterdays mail :) Cant wait for you to get it!

Victoria / Justice Pirate | June 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM

You look beautiful. I think you do the best fishtail braid too!!! Your little socks and shoes are so cute and I adore the top!!!!

Sara | June 24, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Woot woot for the red skirt!

Wangari | June 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM

First off, you look soo good here Lauren - just wow! Secondly I'm totally in love with those paintings, if I could I would totally own them right now. And lastly I totally agree with this post, I'm not as forthcoming with my blog as I would like but it does give me sense of purpose, and when I started it I had no idea it would become such an important part of my life or that I would get to share in the lives of amazing girls all over the world. I've kinda lost my train of thought.. oh well!

xo

Sea Bird | June 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Man, you really scored at the thrift store. I love the blouse! You blend in perfectly with the paintings!

Anonymous | June 24, 2011 at 4:21 PM

What bright colors in this post...I like the red/read skirt and believe me when I say that you give as much as you receive from your readers.

Tess Malone | June 25, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I love that skirt, what an amazing shade of red! Even though I no longer run a fashion blog anymore, I do get a small sense of accomplishment and pleasure out of constructing a good outfit every morning. When you know you look good and feel comfortable in that look you project more confidence. No one ever got the job because their skirt was too tight and they were annoyingly sucking in their stomach the entire interview. Liking your clothes is a huge part of liking yourself and can sometimes be the small part that saves us when everything else seems to be tumbling down. Because in the morning you can still put on your favorite drindel and feel like a rockstar or you can change your identity like a costume. It's liberating and self affirming.

Woods | June 30, 2011 at 8:42 AM

yeah i know i'm late i really like your skirt man i'm going to steal it

E | June 30, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I love your hair! I wish I could do something like that with my pitiful hair! Lovely skirt, too!