waking life: the art of scarves

Hi everyone! Caitlin, here (from Waking Life)! I'm delighted to be filling in for the lovely Lauren while she's off gallivanting around the Great Big Apple :) I've always been interested in fashion and self-expression through ornamentation, but it wasn't until I first explored the world of haute couture that I really recognized fashion as a legitimate artform. In honor of Lauren's artistry (and my own appreciation for the finer things), I thought I would put together a little found-art show with some of my favorite scarves (complete with artsy-fartsy naming--click on the image for a link to a post in which I wore the scarf!).

(To the Teeth, Ragamuffin's)

(Horseplay, Plato's Closet)

(Paris is Burning, Goodwill)


(Other Folk, Bargain Boutique)

(Kahlo's Calling, Bargain Boutique)

(Tramps and Thieves, Forever 21)

(Raspberries Bygone, Goodwill)

(Safe Space, unknown)

(Twisted, Nordstrom Rack)

Some girls pile on beautiful jewelry, some add flair with designer bags, some (okay, all--I've never met a girl who didn't love them) collect closetfuls of shoes, some change their hair color or their nail color or bling out their waistline with wonderful belts--I go gaga for glorious scarves. What artful accessory do you love most?

Come hang out on my blog if you get a moment this (Monday's almost over!) afternoon! I'd love to get to know you :)

3 comments:

Nicole | November 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM

great pictures!
love the second pattern! :D

<3 :)

nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys | November 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Beautiful scarves! I love scarves too, but I'm such a coldie that I'm more likely to be seen in a shawl. Would love to have some of these!

ellie | November 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I so love these patterns. What cool blog!