What I Did: MLK Day!

IMG_0214

On Monday I was really excited to have a holiday off! All the previous holidays I worked :( And what was also great was that all me and my friends were off work! AND everyone has had some really good news in the job front lately. So we all packed into my car and drove down to Monterey Bay for the day.

IMG_0230
IMG_0244
IMG_0231

It surprisingly was a quick drive, I'm sure our funny jokes and conversation helped, and it was BEAUTIFUL down there. It was a little chilly, but the sun warmed us right up. I can't believe I'm able to walk on the beach without shoes in JANUARY! Actually this entire long weekend was awesome, I went on a picnic on Saturday, we had a BBQ at Mike's on Sunday, and walked the beach and ran up dunes on Monday.

It was bliss.

IMG_0221
IMG_0239
IMG_0226
IMG_0235

Of course the guys grabbed the giant kelp/seaweed stuff and started whipping it around. At a certain point Mike got whipped in the foot and Adam got himself in the ass. It was hilarious. We sat around and watched the waves crash against the beach talking about life and when we all moved here. It's great being friends with people that are experiencing California with me. We all are from different places and it's great to have that comradery.

IMG_0252
IMG_0254

When the sun started to get low we started back towards the car and drove into Monterey. We parked in the Canning district and walked around in all the crappy tourist stores. It was really empty and great to walk around. We walked under some piers and buildings along the shore (of course we weren't supposed to... oooops). We watched some scuba divers awkwardly crawl out of the water, and of course watched cute otters splash around!

IMG_0277
IMG_0275
IMG_0285
IMG_0292 

After we were done with putzing around we found a nice restaurant on the shore and ate some awesome burgers and fish and clam chowder.... Man I really feel like we all are making amazing strides here in SF Bay.

We are such little adults. I love these guys. I love it here. And I love visiting the beach.

Huggles,
Lauren

2 comments:

Sara | February 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Looks like fun Lauren! That dude's mustache is amazing.

Anonymous | August 3, 2012 at 8:17 AM

that's so cool.. look very fun.. :)
Irene Wibowo