Well Hi There 2012

So here it is another year. I'd say I've gone through hell and back this year, and with everything that has happened I'm sometimes surprised that I still get up every morning. But that isn't what this post is about... Maybe I'll do a recap on my year, but I don't think I want to pull out those feelings, they are safely locked away.

This is a post about what I've been up to this past month. I started a dream job in November at Minted.com, but sadly it was a seasonal job. I had the fortune of meeting amazing people, whom I adore. And I made every single day count working there because I knew this good time could be fleeting. I danced awkward dances for everyone when we had late overtime shifts. I went out and shared drinks and stories. We ate lunch in the park when it was sunny, and made lot's of trips to Starbucks. I enjoyed bagel monday a little more than I should. I met someone who went to CCS working there, and found friend soul mates in giggles and teasing.







I am so thankful to have found a job that is in the field I want to be in. And luckily I'm still there part-time after the season ended! It was amazing meeting hundreds of young people at an amazing company. But sadly it came to an end for most of the seasonal employees and people left to go off into the real world and the desks got cleared. I'm so so happy to still be around, and with an amazing group of guys who also got past the seasonal hurdle.





It was great having this little Minted family over my first holiday season on my complete own. And most of my roommates were gone as well, visiting their families, so I created a safe haven at work and put in a ton of overtime. Christmas Eve, I was making cards... day after Christmas, I was making cards. It was just what I needed, keeping busy with awesome people. And man are they awesome, I love walking to the Bart station every morning to get there and have my day filled with absurd jokes and awful puns. Just what I love. So who knows what this now part-time position will turn into at Minted, but I'm so happy to be there and working with an amazing company.

I'll be back with my funtimes from Xmas Eve, Christmas, and my awesome New Years. Don't know who sill reads this other than my dad (hi dad!) But I love sharing with you guys my new life here in the bay, and of course its something good to look back on.

Huggles,
Lauren

7 comments:

summertime dreams | January 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Just thought I'd say hi and let you know I still read! :) I'm hoping to get back into sharing mode come Spring or so. Glad to see that you've found some work that you enjoy as well as a great group of friends!

Sara | January 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yay they kept you!! :)

Anonymous | January 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

It looks like such a fun place and the open layout invites collaboration and creativity and fun and mayhem. May it continue to work out.

Anonymous | January 7, 2012 at 8:33 PM

i read it!

you should come over for a glass of wine or two soon and meet the babe. Also, i always need to get out of the house. maybe we could go to the ashby flea market some weekend!

-grace

blue roses | January 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

i am in the midst of a search for a better job; determination and perseverance!

thanks for sharing your story!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Jeff | January 11, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Yeh.....I look every day!! Always interested in your new adventures!! Love, Happiness and SMILES!! Your Daddy.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | January 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I'm here, just truly very behind in my blog reading.
It is wonderful that people seem to really have fun together at your job and get along!