Guest Post: Don Juan's Reckless Daughter and her pups!

Hello, lovely readers of Sparrow & Urchin! Meg from Don Juan's Reckless Daughter here and lucky me(!!) to have been given my very own guest post while Lauren and Tripp make there trek across the country. I am so excited for them...though, admittedly, I'm longing for that kind of an adventure myself. For now, the hills and canyons of Los Angeles are my playground. I have lived in LA for about 5 years and Laurel Canyon (my neighborhood) is one of my absolute favorite places in this city. It is a particularly good place to explore with your doggies because there are loads of trails, winding roads and vantage points (plus a very large dog park up on Mulholland).

a map of the canyon...
The only slight obstacle being the wildlife that also roams the area (coyotes, hawks, deer and snakes...) but they tend to stay away during the late morning/early afternoon. I suppose the other thing to consider when planning a mini-adventure is the pint-sized nature of my dogs...meet Charlie & Lola!
Lola (on the left) is 7 and Charlie (on the right & actually a girl, despite her name!) is 2 & a half - they are both Chihuahuas, in case you couldn't tell! Clearly, we aren't going on 5 mile hikes with such small creatures because they'd never make it with out being picked up! but shorter walks they can handle. 
An example of many of the back roads in our area.
If I walk the dogs on my own this is what ends up happening...I'm gently pulled in opposite directions. Either that or I get tangled up! Luckily, my boyfriend is with me more often then not on our walks!
Sometimes I just get flat out ignored by the girls. But I know they love me anyway...
Well, thanks so much for having us! see you soon. x

6 comments:

Unknown | September 10, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Oooh you're dogs are just too cute!! :-)

Beth Jean | September 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Aw...A pretty pathway with a petite pretty girl..and her pretty peppy puppy pals! Love the tan/pink/navy colors!

...Neat to have found this blog! I'll be back for more for sure!

PuppyLovePrincess | September 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM

not to sound weird, but that's one of the prettiest maps i've ever seen! and what sweet puppies :)

Michelle Loreto | September 11, 2011 at 10:57 AM

They're both too sweet! I love Charlie as a girl's name (and Frankie!). Really adorable outfit too, lovely post!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Unknown | September 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM

great pics! Nice blog! :)

please visit my blog too! :) I hope you will like and follow me! :*

http://www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous | September 12, 2011 at 2:11 PM

What a great post! The pups are just adorable! I'll have to take my pup to explore Laurel Canyon one of these days!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair