GO: Flower Farm Ladies

Flower Farm 2015

Last weekend I had the amazing privilege of spending a creative, relaxing filled weekend with some of my best girlfriends. It was my neighbor and friend, Stephanie's birthday and we went to our friend's Aunt's house up in the Sierra foothills outside of Nevada City.

Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015

I arrived on Saturday a bit later than everyone else, I had painting class that day, and came upon the loveliest scene... beautiful house overflowing with plants and my ladies (and John, Stephanie's boy, he was a lady for the weekend) making flower crowns. We soon sat down to an amazing steak dinner with all the fixings. After the fill of dinner we got our sleeping bags all set up by the pond and under an arbor covered with vines, which would be our cover for the night.

Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015

After watching the amazing sunset dip below the hills we made our ways back to the house to make desserts and just relax. Stephanie and Lizzie played old folk music while we all sat around an sang along, we all had brought crafts and books to occupy our time whilst listening to old timey music being played. I luckily had some macrame projects and was able to work on them.

Flower Farm 2015

Filling up on music and relaxing we went back to our little hillside and hunkered down to get ready for sleep. First though we all laid out on the dock and watched the stars. The moon had set early in the evening so the night sky was filled with stars and the milky way with no other light hindering us seeing them. I don't know how many shooting stars I counted but I got in lot's of wishes. Soon we all were lured to bed by sleepiness and slept to the sounds of frogs and far off coyote calls.

Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015

The next day started bright and early with the hot sun pouring over us. I'm so used to the chilly bay I forgot that its warm in the mornings some places. Of course breakfast was amazing, and after a couple of hours lounging and exploring the grounds and barn, we packed up a car and piled in to go relax in the Yuba River.

Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015

We got there before noon and scored a prime spot on some rocks near some little waterfalls. This was absolutely amazing. I haven't done any summertime activity in so long because it's so chilly here in the summers you have to go far to get somewhere warm enough to even wear a swimsuit. This was perfect. Cold water, warm sun. We sat around a had drinks and floated and read magazines and talked and napped. Best thing too is I didn't get sunburnt, win! I did however slip on some mossy rocks and scraped my bum.

Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015
Flower Farm 2015

After relaxing and then getting annoyed at how many more people had come to the river we left and back at the house prepared an amazing dinner. There was kabobs, potatoes, bread, wine... ah so much good stuff.

Flower Farm Drive Home

Then just like that it was sunday evening and I was driving home watching the sunset over Mt Tam. Why can't every weekend be like this?

0 comments: