Where I've Been: Detroit Institutue of Arts

Hey all long time no see!!! Well here are a few updates: On friday I ducked out of work early to have a day-date excursion to the Detroit Art Institute. With me moving from Detroit in two weeks I knew it was the last time I'd be able to see the museum with it's new hours. After lunch we began browsing the wonderful paintings that the DIA holds, and I made sure to see my favorites and make some new favorites. The day ended with a stroll through CCS's campus, a drive through the Heidelberg project and a walk on Belle Isle... parfait.











Huggles,
Lauren

4 comments:

Melissa | July 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Woohoo!! Sounds perfect. I work with the guy who does the Heidelberg Project... what interesting stuff, eh?

xxMelissa

Anonymous | July 18, 2011 at 3:38 PM

The busts are pretty wonderful. You're moving? Where?

Victoria / Justice Pirate | July 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Looks like that is such a really great place to go to. If I ever do go to that state, I'd love to see that gallery.

summertime dreams | July 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM

You're moving?! Where to?? Will you still work at the art gallery?
All the best on your move though! I hope it's smooth sailing :)
I cannot wait till I can move into a nicer apartment! It's tricky, but we just need to find one that will allow us to bring our kitty.