What I Wore: The Rustbelt





This outfit made me feel very much like a 1950's camp counselor. I love this blouse I got last year from Penguin and these shorts were found on my thrifting excursion! And I love that my belt matches my sandals!!

On Saturday I rode my bike down to Ferndale's Rustbelt Market with Tripp in tow (oh yeah I carry Tripp in my backpack... yep). I met up with Christina and Dennis of Perfect Laughter, a Detroit art blog, were selling prints and whatnot. Of course people flocked to Tripp as he put on his cute face and rolled over waiting for pets. He's a real ham.




It was the first time I had gone there, the building used to be an Old Navy Outlet, and I can say I was pleasantly surprised! I loved the different types of booths, there was food, beads, art, vintage & handmade... It was awesome, and a great mix of people.

Christina, Tripp, and I headed across the street for lunch at the W.A.B. which was great sitting outside, and with a well behaved dog! He's doing so well with training. Before I rode home I of course had to take a picture for my Tripp on Stuff tumblr (check it out)



Tripp over a display! ahahaha!

That night I rode back down to Ferndale to hook up with Christina and Dennis again then later got a text from Sara saying she saw my bike and hooked up with that gang at the Loving Touch (a pool hall) later... And man I had some good beers, won a pool game, and rode my bike home in a cool breeze. It was a sweet day/night.

Sunday... nothing. Just sat around and gave my Dad a happy pop day call.

{ Materials Used }

Blouse } Original Penguin
Shorts } Vintage, thrifted
Belt } Target
Sandals } F21

Huggles,
Lauren

6 comments:

Becky | June 20, 2011 at 4:45 PM

If Rust Belt were a hot guy, I'd slip something in its drink.

jessie | June 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

i've been meaning to go to rust belt, i'm glad you had fun! also, love the green and yellow combination.

Terri | June 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I like your hair in your "camp counselor" look. We have a MakerFaire coming up in our area this weekend and I'm very excited about that.

She is Sara | June 21, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Dude, I STILL have not been there. Need a life.

You should do Tripp on your Mom.

Eclectic Flair | June 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Love the top and the hair!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Victoria / Justice Pirate | June 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM

how adorable. I love your blouse so much. I don't know what else to say. Sorry!!!