What I Wore: Field of Dreams









{ Materials Used }

Blazer } Unknown (had it awhile)
Dress } Kimchi Blue via UO, 2 years ago
Belt } Ralph Lauren
Shoes } Aldo, last year
Accessories } F21
Purse } Thrifted

This week I've been busy interviewing people, so I'm proud of all my cute, adult outfits I've come up with. Unfortunately I have been slacking in taking pictures. So today Tripp and I walked down the block to the abandoned factories and took some pictures. I had fun posing him ontop of things (the reason you will find out soon) and traipsing thru the tall grass. We even found a dead raccoon. I kinda want to wait a bit longer and go back for the skull. Is that morbid? I just find skulls and antlers wonderful.... hmm.

So I was excited to wear this dress! It's been on rounds between Sara and I. I forgot how constricting an empire waist dress is! I've been only wearing natural waistlines lately and all day I thought it felt too tight, thats my excuse. Not weight gain, haha. I've also been trying to remember more to wear accessories. That is probably the bain of my getting dressed. The final touches.

I'm glad you all liked my polyvore sets! I had so much fun making them and I really want to dress like Sailor Venus all the time. Because I am her. Hwahwah... :) Warning, expect to start seeing more of my nerd.

Also I am getting the hang of my new camera and taking my own photos :) I got a RAW converter so I can edit them with my photoshop. yay!

Huggles,
Lauren

11 comments:

summertime dreams | June 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Pretty dress, and looking fwd to seeing more of this nerdy-ness :)

Jazzy E (hivenn) | June 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM

so beautiful. x hivenn

Terri | June 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I love your hair! As for the bones, I for one do NOT think it is creepy to collect bones. I have a display of "found" bones in my office...and they are a reminder to me of the beauty of design.

Kitsune-kun | June 5, 2011 at 8:51 AM

oh good! what a great place to live- so jealous! this outfit is super cute:)

She is Sara | June 6, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I think the final touch was the addition of the dead animal in the photos. How original! Haha, yeah, I love this dress on you :)

Tess Malone | June 6, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I love your shoes and even if your fascination with skulls is morbid curiosity, hey at least its curiosity.

Nicole, Coco Maria | June 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM

That dress is so lovely on you! And you always have the best hairstyles :)
I'll have to go check out those polyvore sets - they sound awesome!

Jennyboo | June 7, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Lovely! I am really liking the colorful pattern of your dress. And your pooch is pretty damn cute, especially that picture of him in your above post. I just moved to Michigan for the summer so it is awesome to see another Michigan blogger. I'm in Ann Arbor, working at the University...and then I will return to San Francisco. What part do you live in? xx

Melissa | June 7, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Nice outfit!! is that downtown?? I always forget how big and haunting the city is...

xxMelissa

Mara | June 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM

That dress is so pretty! And I love the pictures in the field.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | June 13, 2011 at 1:48 PM

yes! dress like Minako/Minna/Sailor Venus all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes. These are great shots. you look adorable. I love your dog too.