Tripp Tuesday: Thrift Edition

On Sunday Sara, Cat, and two local blogging sisters, Tiffany of Nynga + the Bear and Britty of WoodStock Hearts Fashion went out for breakfast then fun times thrifting! We all got some sweet stuff! I got a sheer white blouse, a silk rainbow blouse, green safari shorts, a red hand made skirt, a long blue/green skirt, basket weave shoes, and the best thing... Micky Mouse shorts! The girls got some great stuff and we all spent less than 22 bucks! Yay for a good thrift day! I'm still looking for more blouses, especially short sleeve, and more non-patterned stuff (I have tons of patterned crap!). Also shorts! They are the bane of shopping and I'm so happy I found a perfect military/safari high waist style pair! Now I need some denim shorts and khaki ones!

Oh and beware of the faces I make... I'm a bit ridiculous.




I wore bike shorts under my skirt so trying on things was a sinch, but then gave the girls entertainment by having me try funny stuff on.










Most of these photos are from Sara! I <3 her!!

The best thing... Tripp approves!!



{ Outfit Details }

Blouse } UO, on sale
Skirt } UO, on sale
Belt } Vintage, mom's
Sandals } F21

14 comments:

She is Sara | June 14, 2011 at 5:51 AM

good times! Awww! Look at Tripp's baby face :)

KateLainey | June 14, 2011 at 6:58 AM

So fun! Hah I've never thought to wear bike shorts under a skirt so I don't have to tote a cart full of clothes into a small dressing room. GENIUS! and makes for awesome pictures. haha

alexandratherese | June 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM

The colours on your rainbow blouse are beautiful, looks you you had a great day thrifting! Thanks for your comment, I too have had to have a scarf constantly at the ready for when the temperature suddenly drops!

Courtney Erin | June 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Awesome - blogger meet ups are the best and I love that you went thrifting!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Kate | June 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Those brown shoes are awesommme. I look for shoes like that every time I go thrifting!

Amber Blue Bird | June 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM

um where can I get those mickey shorts. they are awesome!

nynga | June 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM

So happy you got the Mickey Mouse shorts. Those are awesome.

This was so much fun!

Jenni Wells | June 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Just came from Sara's blog. This looks like such a wonderful time!

summertime dreams | June 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Aww! Such a cute lil' doggy face! I can't wait to go thrifting again. I haven't been since winter. Here's hoping I can get some quality Value Village time in this Friday after work :)

Stacia | June 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Lauren thanks for commenting on my blog! Your fur baby is so stinking cute! I love your blog and you are close to me in Toledo Ohio! You found some wonderful things, that is one of my favorite things to do thrift shopping! :)

Britty | June 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM

haha you are soo funny i had so much fun with you all
those Mickey mouse shorts are soo sweet!

Terri | June 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Oh, I love shopping outings like this and I'm glad someone took the candid shots while shopping. Look forward to seeing your styling of the Mickeys.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | June 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM

looks like you all had a nice time together. I never saw George of the Jungle. Guess I haven't missed out? Those minnie mouse shorts. . .ahh. I remember someone who had a pair that looked just like it in 1991! haha.

Anto | October 3, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Your shorts also don't stick out of your skirt when walking cause they end slightly above the hem of your skirts, this is also smart.