MI Blogger Meetup

Well you might've seen a lot of this on other blogs, but I guess it's my turn! All the pictures are from the other girls that attended because I was lazy and didn't bring a camera, bad girl!

2011Feb25_0425
Photo c/o Andrea



Photos c/o Sara

On Friday I got out of work early to go pick up Cat and Sara to go to Grand Rapids! I've never been to Grand Rapids (in my own memory) so I was super excited! It took a bit to find parking, it's always confusing in a new city, but then we were off and at St. Cecilia Music House for the Aqualush Fashion Show featuring Kendall student work. The band though that is Alexis was really the standout of the night. They were spectacular!

2011Feb25_0434
Photo c/o Andrea



Photos c/o Sara

For the show I decided to wear my super heels with just a plain black skirt and a girl scout blouse, the icing of the outfit was this awesome band jacket I got from Rogue Retro on Etsy. I love it! Brings me back to good ole' highschool band. Of course my hair was done in the wrap braid from saturday's (fridays outfit) post. Anyway I wore lots of layers for fear of the cold, but I was super toasty!


Photos c/o Sara

Afterwards we went to the BOB (building of bars) in downtown Grand Rapids where we hung out at one lounge bar and shared stories and got our goodie bags supplied by Tieka. We got some awesome stuff, of course the funniest thing was the lingerie set that was a surprise, haha!

DSC_3467
DSC_3468
Photos c/o Tieka

Anyway after a few drinks and appetizers we headed upstairs to a club and danced the night away. I know we were the odd ones out with our outfits compared to the normal club garb, but we didn't care. We just wanted to dance!!

bloggermeetup 031
bloggermeetup 036
Photos c/o Sara

The next day we went out for breakfast at a little Coney diner and after we all met up downtown again for a alittle shopping. I didn't get anything but Cat and Kate made off with some sweet pieces. Then of course we had to take some outfit shots, which I'll share later.

bloggermeetup 034
bloggermeetup 044
Photos c/o Sara

It was an awesome mini vacation and I'm so happy that Cat, Sara and I went together, we had so much fun driving to the other side of the mitten but we forgot to jump on the beds!!! Oh NO! haha.

So total there were 12 sweet ladies who went, and they all were so adorable and great! I can't wait to see everyone again!

Alex of Brunette Curls and Discount Pearls
Andrea of Blonde Beadhead
Anna of Sparkplug Minuet
Cat of Midwest Mayhem
Elizabeth of
Almost You
Heather of Simply Sunstar
Kate of With a Heart Full of Daisies
Samantha of BeYOUty Queen
Sara of She is Sara
Tieka of Selective Potential

Thanks so much Tieka for organizing this!

{ Friday Night Outfit }


Band Jacket } Vintage, Rogue Retro
Blouse } Vintage, Girl Scouts
Skirt } UO, on sale
Tights } Target
Heels } UO, on sale

Huggles,
Lauren

11 comments:

CAITLIN | March 2, 2011 at 8:51 AM

looks like you had a grand time!! i wish i lived in an area where there were more fashion bloggers :) also, your hair looks so cute like that! perhaps mine is long enough after all, but (shh don't tell) i don't know how to french braid!!

She is Sara | March 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I loved your hair and I think you should do a tutorial. Just sayin.

TrophyBoutique | March 2, 2011 at 9:31 AM

That looks fun! I want a giant braid on my head too!

I can't wait til our Austin meet-up. Why not join us?

Mitzi | March 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

What a great event! I wish I lived closer to other bloggers for a similar kind of meeting ;)
That band jacket is amazingggg! And I agree with Sara, you should totally do a tutorial on how to make that braid!
M xo

andrea k (blonde bedhead) | March 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM

It was great meeting you! I loved your hair like that! DID NOT look like a helmet, you crazy fool! :)!

Miranda | March 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I have yet to attend a blooger meetup but i can't wait.

I just started following, thanks for stopping by!

www.indcfashion.com

Amber Blue Bird | March 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

this looks like a swell time, i wish i could find more CT bloggers. A meet up would be so much fun

Becky | March 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Oh look, it's Sara making Sara faces.

Hahaha, I heard about your epic night and I'm glad everyone had a fun time.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | March 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM

well what a Joyous occassion!!!! fun stuff. I want to go back in time and pretend I'm from Michigan and go for a day.

Tieka, Selective Potential | March 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

It was SO awesome meeting you!! Gosh, I'm so glad you girls came out to the west side for the meetup! I can't wait to come over in your stomping grounds soon!! :)

xo

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys | March 4, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Looks like loads of fun! I've done individual blogger meetups, but never en masse like that!