Meetings, meetings



So nothing much going on here. Just been busy at work. I wore this to a meeting I had with a defense engineering firm that needs art in their newly redesigned offices... And man this is going to be a HUGE job. I'm quite excited. The funny thing is when my boss and I were given a tour, we'd walk into these huge rooms full of engineers. Engineers can sense when a girl is in the room and when we walked in their senses went off and they all popped their heads up from their computers like little prairie dogs. I've know a lot of engineers in my life, and I have to say they are collectively an awkward bunch. haha It was like "Girl? Girl? What?" across their faces. Granted I did see two girls out of the 100+ engineers... But it was mainly all awkward men.





Anyway, this is the purse I got with my Kohls gift card. I feel like such an adult with it!  I felt very proper in this outfit, kinda like a young victorian girl or something with the little booties. Anyway I think that shopping spree last week with gift cards, and the one online yesterday with my remaining gift cards will be the end of me buying clothes for a bit.






I'm also opening up a shop to sell some vintage I no longer want or doesn't fit me. Sara and Cat may contribute as well... So be on the look out!

{ Materials Used }

Sweater } UO, on sale
Blouse } UO, on sale
Skirt } Anthro, on sale
Tights } HUE, via Kohls
Boots } UO, on sale
Purse } Kohls, on sale

Huggles,
Lauren

8 comments:

Wangari M. | January 14, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I really like the look, and that bag is lovely. porper but lovely. I think all girls need at least one proper bag in her closet. Don't really know any engineers, so I can't comment on their behaveiour but I'm glad you have such a big and exciting project to work on.

tess | January 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I love your socks! And nerdy men like that are hilarious

CAITLIN | January 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM

love that bag--and it's from kohl's?? i might have to stop by...

Terri | January 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Beautiful skirt!

I too have noticed this about engineers. I actually suspect that all men are like this, but engineers are just less guarded about disguising it. Innocence.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | January 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM

well hello there little victorian girl! What a gorgeous outfit! I honestly didn't recognize you at first when I saw the thumbnail on bloglovin' before clicking on it!!

Becky | January 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM

You're dressed like that librarian no one is about to screw with, lest they get a giant gray shoe in the face.

(This is a good thing.)

She is Sara | January 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM

*pops head out of cubicle* "GIRL?"

Nicole | January 19, 2011 at 5:54 AM

LOL your description of engineers is right on par! That was my entire college experience, since I went to a school geared mainly towards engineering and the girl to guy ratio was something like 1:5. They might be awkward, but they are totally harmless ;)

Also, loving this outfit... I would rock that at work myself!

~Nicole