Thanks My Ladies & Guest Post

I really really enjoyed reading all the responses to my post on Saturday. It's good to hear about other girls insecurities and how they deal with them. It shows the support that people have for each other. I really wasn't sure about that post because I didn't want anyone to think that I was asking for compliments or sympathy. I really just wanted to hear other girls take on the situation and if blogging ever affects them in a negative way. I really do love blogging, I've had my art blog for over 4 years and before that I had a live journal and was very involved in communities like deviantart. I do really like keeping a journal of what I wear, and I really have found over the past years that it really makes one feel better when they get up in the morning and put on something that represents themselves. I don't want to turn this blog into purely fashion and how wonderful life is. I want it to be a diary of my life through what I wore and what I did. Thanks for the wonderful and insightful comments, I really loved all of the wisdom emanating from them.

And as some of you know, I'm great friends with Sara from She is Sara. Well she's been super busy from school so I posted up on her blog a little look into our friendship and how we met through this world of style blogging. Go have a look!



Huggles,
Lauren

PS. I'm going to get to all your lovely comments tonight! I've just been swamped with research papers! <3

4 comments:

tess | November 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
tess | November 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM

ooo blogger meet ups are so fun! and you guys all look so chic, I love the color contrast in your outfit, Lauren.

I forgot to mention in my comment on your last post, my insecurities are definitely inflamed by the blogosphere, but they're usually not insecurities about body image, but other things. Sometimes I forget that most bloggers are out of college and well on their way to making a career for themselves or have been out in the normal non-hook up dating scene. So I can get jealous over how people have amazing jobs or boyfriends, even though I know I'm only 20 and not supposed to have it all figured out. I guess self confidence is a huge issue in the blogosphere, whether it be over how you look or what you wear or how some bloggers make their entire lives seem put together. In the end blogging can never be accurate because no one can give a fully objective view of their lives and sometimes I think we all forget this hence blogger insecurity.

Victoria / Justice Pirate | November 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM

you and your friends are so lovely.
I used to have a live journal for years and went into many communities too. gotta love the old LJ days.

veronika, tick tock vintage. | November 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM

you guys look beautiful!