Bike Riding Outfit?





So this may look inappropriate for bike riding, but I tested it with a ride down the street and Kevin standing on the side walk. It was all good. And I had little bike shorts on too. Ha!





I went out tuesday night with a couple of girlfriends from Illustration, Maureen and Stephanie, and let me tell you it was sooo great. We had drinks and appetizers at this awesome Belgium restaurant named Bastone. Afterwards I rode my bike with Tripp in my backpack over to Matt and Maureen's. Oh I forgot how amazing you feel riding your bike (and that's why I look tired in these pictures). I've been incredibly lazy the past couple months because I've been so busy with my full time job, my art show, and freelance... plus the vignette I did for work. Which takes me to my next topic.

Remember those goals I set for myself in September? So, did I accomplish those goals. Well, no.

I know, I know... they really weren't that crazy of goals. But Sara and I did start having Sunday morning dog walks, and it seems Kevin and I have gone on quite a few good walks.

Did I draw? Yeah... but not everyday, and definitely not anything I want to show.

Did I post outfits 4 times a week... eh... sometimes. I did have 20 posts from that month.

Did I promote myself? Did I make a screenprint edition? Promotion, well I did try to update my art blog and facebook page more (which you should follow and become a fan!) And I do have like three ideas for my next screenprints, they should be pretty fun and easy and perfect christmas presents. Now I'm just waiting for my friends to help me set up an exposure area in my basement. (I did clean the basement!)


So all in all I didn't get my goals done. But I still feel good about what I accomplished. Now I just have to keep striving for those goals. And once I can say I've done them, I can move on to new ones.

Outfit }
  Blouse } Vintage, was a gift to my mom from her sister's visit to Mexico in the 70's
  Skirt } UO
  Tights } Target
  Socks } Sockdreams
  Riding Boots } Frye

Huggles,
Lauren

9 comments:

She is Sara | October 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM

lol you are so cute. I like the skirt!!!

Yeah I am with you on the goals, it's hard to stick to them with so much going on. I think my lists are working, but it's hard to factor in the unexpected events. poop.

AS far as the bike ride goes, I totally wish but think weekend is the weekend from hell as far as homework.
3 two pages essays,
1 five page-single spaced essay
2 five page-double spaced essays

Plus all the reading for all of my classes, which is a retarded amount. :( Oh and Kyle and Brian's birthday was yesterday and they want to go out Saturday for it, gwah I dunno! sorry, rant.

maggeygrace | October 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Wow- I love your tights and the embroidery on your top! So cute! I love the coloring in these pictures!!

agatheloff | October 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM

really great blouse!! :)

Amber Blue Bird | October 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM

cute outfit and love your tights, i have a pair just like them

CAITLIN | October 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM

that blouse is adorable, and i love those boots!

i need to get on some of my personal goals... start singing again, sew more, paint... there is never enough time (or energy)!

Jen | October 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM

You are such a doll! And honey, you can wear whatever you want out bike riding :-)

Oh, and sweetie, have you inputted your state information yet at LOCATION CENTRAL? It's the blog where you find other bloggers in your area.
www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

Terri | October 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Don't let unmet goals keep you from setting new ones!

I like the blouse a lot and I think this is a pretty classy bike riding outfit.

Tieka, Selective Potential | October 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Ooh, I really like the top! So cute!

Matchless Vision | October 8, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Great top!! Looks great on you.