Best of the Summer // 100th Post

Even though Summer is still in full swing, and I'm on a blogging "vacation", I thought for my 100th post to do a recap. I really started getting into taking good outfit photos as the weather warmed. I've learned a lot these past few months about using what was already in my closet and fitting it to my body type. I taken a lot of skirts and dresses that no longer fit me and learned that belting and taking seams in helps make an old piece of cloth into something wonderful. Although I don't have the most fashion forward closet I've learned alot on how to dress for work, make myself appropiate yet somewhat artsy which helps me sell art. I've noticed people trust my authority in the art realm, my tastes, and whatnot if I dress nice with a little quirkiness on the side. I do work at an art gallery, and dressing better hels sell art.

I've also been able to meet so many great girls locally and internationally which has been truly incredible because after college it can be really hard to meet new people of similar interests. One of my new greatest friends I met through these networks, I'm so happy to know Sara from She is Sara, and to have met Cat from Midwest Mayhem, Katie from Tinda Keelie, and Maria from Lulu Letty is all so amazing. And then through the powers of the internet have been able to talk to great girls around the country and world, Alyson from Alyson is Neat, Ebony from Ebony and Ivory, Chloe from Butterfly Cupcakes and Daffodils, Christy from Stories Read Aloud, and so many more!

So yeah I've learned a lot and with little ado here are my favorite looks/pictures from this spring/summer!












7 comments:

La Historiadora de Moda | August 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

You have such fantastic style! Congrats on 100 posts!

Sara Lynn | August 23, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Congrats on 100 and I love all of your pictures :) :)

I have to say one of my faves is that very first one. It is so sweet :)

Okay, so I have been slacking like mad, but I wshed your dress (I didn't dry it though) and I have one of Ebs skirts to bring to you, hopefully by tomorrow. Oh and we are going to Trivia tonight at moose winooski's, starts at 8 if you guys want to go :D

PrettyNiftyThriftyFashion | August 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM

congratulations on 100 posts!!!! you have fantastic style!!! all of your outfits looked amazing!! your dresses are awesome!

Midwest Mayhem | August 23, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Yay! Congrats on your 100th post! I love all of these pictures, especially the ones where Tripp shows up!

Wangari M. | August 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Congrats with your 100th post! I'm a little late to the party but have enjoyed reading your blog for the little while I have. Here's to a 100 more :)

Meg! | August 24, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I just found your blog and I totally love it! Following!

Mariel | August 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM

i loove your layout! also, congrates on 100 posts. i love the header pick on your blog too. is that your house? ps: great outfit compilation too!