As 80/90's as I get

Not really into big hair or very bright patterns or colors. My style has always stayed in the 40/50s and the hippy 60/70's. I like neutrals and nature patterns. So I had a difficult time thinking of what to do with this skirt of Sara's. Then this morning as I was dressing in a 40's dress it hit me. And here is the outfit that came to be. I think it was mainly my hair that inspired the outfit. I love the crimping you get after taking out braids. Can you believe it has already flattened, this morning it was crazy big... by 10a it's mild... by 5p it'll have a little wave. Sometimes hair... sometimes. grrr.

8-4-10_1
8-4-10_3 
{ Skirt - from Sara }{ Chambray top - AE via my mom's garage }
{ Shoes - Lucky Penny via Anthropologie }
{ Fish Necklace - I found it in my living room }{ Scarf - Grandma's }
8-4-10_2


Here's how Sara styled the skirt, I actually took this picture! Yay!




I have found a new website I love, Bows & Bandits. What's more awesome then old Austrian clothing? Nothing. I think I need to go yodel now.





And why did flickr all of a sudden decide to change how they allow you to host images? Come on!! What the F? I hope everything is showing up for everyone, please tell me if they aren't.

6 comments:

Sara Lynn | August 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM

yay! I love it! :) I know what you mean about the hair, mine does the same damn thing. :P

Teresa | August 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Those shoes are lovely! I like that the laces are ribbons. So cute! Btw, I'm totally jealous of the Royal Oak bloggers! I want to get in on the fun, yes? :)

♥ Teresa ♥

maggeygrace | August 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Wow!! I love your skirt and I love the colors you paired with it. Cute! And I just want to steal your shoes :):) Hehe!

Love,
Maggie

P.S. enter my giveaway if you wanna :) $100, 5 dresses!

Robyn | August 4, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Oh, I love Sara's blog. I also dig how you both styled the skirt. It's very me, but so is big hair. I dig that you embraced the big hair, even for just a day. Sometimes change can be fun.

nyc lu | August 8, 2010 at 4:07 PM

love that skirt! an unusual take on stripe.

CLOTHESURE

Ebony | August 10, 2010 at 7:02 AM

I love how you styled Sara's skirt! With the pops of colour! Now I really want to plait my hair so it's wavy the next day :) You look gorgeous.