Creamsicle

I can't believe that June is over! AH! Well I took these pic really quick yesterday after I got home from work. I'm not sure how I felt about the outfit, but I was trying something new. I flipped my new skirt from Target inside out so the lining was on the outside, it looked nice but it was a little poofy because of all the fabric under the lining, but I got compliments so I guess it did work. The top is a tunic I got awhile ago that I haven't worn in forever. During the day I wore a sweater cause it was actually kinda chilly.

I was excited to see how much light we get on our porch now, across the street were all these big dying trees that kept dropping branches on peoples cars, but they cut them down this week and now our street is so much sunnier. I like it, of course it sucked the trees came down but when you saw their stumps they were completely rotted on the inside. Too bad. Don't mind the last picture, I posted that mainly so you could see my shoes.

Oh and the title post is what Kevin said I looked like, a Creamsicle. Yum.



 
Orange Embroidered Tunic - F21  |  Belt - Anthropologie  |  Skirt - Target  |  Shoes - Target



Then yesterday evening I hung out with Sara and we watched What a Way to Go, and drooled over the amazing cast, Shirley Maclain, Paul Newman(with a beard!), Dick Van Dyke (I love him), Gene Kelly, Robert Mitchum, and Dean Martin... talk about eye candy.

On another note, I'm going to try to do some showcasing on sewing and how to's, you might not know, but I am very adept at sewing, my mother used to make a lot of our clothes and doll clothes growing up. So naturally I followed suit. I have a few patterns I'm going to make and a TON of fabric I'm still waiting to know what to do with, my mom also managed a fabric store in the 70's and when it closed she got all the fabric... amazing! So be sure to start watching for it, Sara's camera takes video so now I know who I'm recruiting for the cameraman yay!

4 comments:

Jill | July 1, 2010 at 8:26 AM

super cute outfit. i totally agree i can not believe it is july! june where did you go. i look forward to your sewing tutorials i am trying to learn but its been a steep hill.

Sara Lynn | July 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Oh I like it like that! It looks cuuuute :) Thanks again for bringing that movie over, I am going to have to break down and sin Kyle and I up for Netflix. My Dad gave me a list of movies that he said you and I would like so I can rent some too :D

Meisha Marie | July 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Oh how I love your skirt!

My mother owns her own business making dance company's costumes, rodeo queen shirts, cheer team's warm-ups. She has walls and walls of bolts of fabric. She would also make our clothes and whatnot too!

She has taught me a bunch, and I love sewing as well!

The Daily Fashionista | July 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I think you look super cute in your outfit. It definitley reminds me of a creamsicle.